As an Edwards Campus student, you are eligible to use any of the services we have available through the University Career Center and KUCareerHawk.com. We recognize that it may be difficult for you to visit our office, and because of that we have utilized technology to enhance your access to career services.
Use the links in the above menu to navigate KUCareerHawk.com and all the resources we have to offer you as a University of Kansas student. In particular, we highly recommend Optimal Resume - a self-directed resume builder and interview preparation tool - as well as the Resume Dropbox.
Our staff is periodically available on the Edwards Campus in person or via distance learning (see the list of events to the right), but if you would like to schedule time to speak with one of our career coaches, we are happy to be of service. Please continue reading to see how you can get connected with us for an appointment.
Making an Appointment
You have three options for making an appointment with the career center: Face to Face, Skype, and telephone. With all three, you need to start by calling our office at 785-864-3624 to schedule a day and time to meet with us. Please remember that we do not accept same day appointments! Details of each of the options available are below.
Using Skype for an Appointment
- Face to Face: These appointments are held in Lawrence in our offices, Room 110 Burge Union
- Skype: Connect to us using Skype for a video conference appointment
- Telephone: Call us at the time of your appointment. You will call our main telephone line: 785-864-3624
If you choose to have your appointment using Skype you will either need to have Skype and a compatible webcam available on your personal computer, or you can use ours at the Edwards Campus.
- Skype from your own computer: When using Skype from home, please be sure to install, configure and test your software and camera prior to the appointment. Our username for appointments on Skype is ucc.lawrence. The Skype software is available on the Skype Homepage. You will be expected to call us when you are ready!
- Skype from Edwards: Check out the UCC Netbook at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to be sure that everything can be setup and ready for your appointment. The Netbook is available in the Regents Center Library, at which point you will need to start Skype. Instructions are available with the Netbook, and the software should be pre-installed and ready to go, so at that point, all you need to do is connect to ucc.lawrence. There is no need to have your own Skype account when calling from the Edwards Campus computer.
Have additional ?'s
If you need additional support, the best method is to get in touch with Melissa Johnson, Assistant Director via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (785-864-3624) and talk about what options are available for your needs.