Are you needing or wanting credit for an upcoming internship but having trouble finding a course that will meet your needs? If so, you may want to consider PRE: 575-Internship Exploration, also known as LA&S 490. This course is taught online via email and Blackboard and is designed to meet the needs of all students, any major, any level. View the PRE: 575 syllabus. More information, including examples and samples of assignments, can be viewed on the course website.
If one of the following applies to you, PRE: 575 might be your answer:
- You want to do an internship outside of your major
- You do not meet the requirements for your departmental course
- You have not yet been accepted into your major
- Your department doesn't offer an internship course
About PRE: 575, you must:
- Meet with the instructor before enrolling
- Find an internship; the University Career Center has resources that can help (Visit the Internship Center)
- Work at your internship at least 8 hours per week in the fall or spring or 15 hours per week in the summer
The course also:
- Is conducted via the internet, so you can intern anywhere in the world
- Includes graded assignments
For more information on PRE: 575 or to enroll, please contact Erin Wolfram at email@example.com or 785-864-7676.