The University Career Center provides your organization with professional on-campus recruiting opportunities. You may list career opportunities, internships and part-time jobs through our online recruiting system, KU Career Connections. Qualified employers will receive access to our student resume database for web resume viewing. We also will assist you with resume referrals based on your criteria.
We support several online interview schedule types: pre-select schedules, open schedules, and career opportunity posting referred to as a resume drop. We provide professional interview rooms for your on-campus interviews in our facility. In order to accommodate your recruiting dates, please contact our office at least two months prior to your desired date. However, we will assist you with securing interview space for your immediate recruiting needs on a space available basis. Please call our recruiting staff to schedule your on-campus interview dates.
Our office conducts mock interview opportunities for our students each semester. Employers may participate for a full day or half day of interviews. Each interview period is thirty minutes; fifteen to twenty minutes of interviewing and ten to fifteen minutes of employer critique. An employer-conducted mock interview is a valuable career tool for our students and an opportunity for employers to increase their visibility on our campus.
How can I set up an on-campus interviewing schedule?
To request an interview schedule:
- From your KU Career Connections homepage, select "Request a new schedule" to create the schedule.
- Enter the schedule details (number of rooms, length of interviews, length of interview day). OCR Model refers to the type of interview schedule. Most schedules will be Preselect or Preselect to Alternate. To determine the appropriate model for your organization, please contact the UCC Employment Services Manager, Liz Caldwell, at email@example.com or at (785) 864-7672.
- Review the availability column to view the number of available rooms for each day.
- After you submit the schedule request, you will be able to attach one or more position descriptions to the interview schedule. When it is approved by UCC staff you will receive an e-mail indicating that your schedule has been approved .
- If you elect to have UCC staff post the position for you, e-mail the information or call Liz Caldwell, employment services manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 864-7672. In order to post your position, you MUST include deadline dates for applications and how you want to receive applications.
- Select "Submit" — If you do not click on "Submit," your information will not be added to the database.
- You may also request information sessions. Select "Request New Information Session" from the home page, then enter the information and click on Submit.
Interview and presentation facilities arranged by UCC are to be used solely to speak with students from the University of Kansas who are eligible for services from UCC or one of the other career service offices.
Third-party recruiters may post positions for employment candidates, but must inform one of the Career Services offices of the actual employer and position before the job will be posted.
The Career Services offices at the University of Kansas reserve the right to refuse positions that require a financial investment by our students or that may involve unreasonable risks, where known.
UCC is committed to ensuring that everyone is afforded the opportunity to participate in our services and activities. If, due to disability, you require accommodation to use our services, please contact our office at 785-864-3624 and let us know how we may assist you.
Directions to the Burge Union and Parking Garage
From Kansas City Via I-70:
Go west on I-70 to the West Lawrence Exit. On McDonald Drive (turnpike access road), go south to Iowa Street (Highway 59). Continue on Iowa Street to 15th
Street (3rd stoplight). Turn East (left) onto W. 15th at stoplight. Go over hill and turn South (right) on Burdick Dr. At the stop sign, you will see the Burge Union. Turn left on Irving Hill Road and enter parking garage. Parking is $1.50 per hour.
Enter Lawrence on K-10, street name becomes 23rd Street. Turn right on Naismith Dr. Go through stop light at 19th Street. At the second stop sign, you must turn left or right on Naismith Dr. Turn left and left again at the next stop sign onto Irving Hill Road. Go ½ block on Irving Hill Road to the Parking Garage. West of the garage is a parking lot and then the Burge Union. Parking is $1.50 per hour.
Driving directions from the Kansas City airport (KCI)
Link to the campus map